"Success Tip - Focus on One Thing at a Time!" by Suzanne Lieurance


As a busy freelance writer, business coach, and speaker, people are always asking me how I manage to get so many things accomplished each day.

They think I must have some BIG secret.

Actually, it's no secret at all. Here's what I do: I focus on one thing at a time.

I look at my marketing plan for the day (which is my to-do list), set aside time periods for each item on the plan, then I start with the first item on the plan and give it my undivided focus and attention until I finish it.

You may think you're doing this, too. But if you're constantly thinking about ALL the things you need to do - so you're rushing to get everything done - you're really not giving your concentrated focus to any of the items on your to-do list.

So look at your marketing plan (you do have a marketing plan, right?) and use it to make your to-do list for today.

Set aside specific time periods to accomplish each item on the list. Then get to work on that first item.

Don't rush. Don't get frazzled. Don't answer the phone. Don't check your email during this time.

Don't worry about any of the other things on today's to-do list.

Relax and give your total focus and energy to the one item you're working on.

This is living in the NOW.

Living in the now will make you more productive. It will also help you have a happier workday.

Try it!


For daily tips to help you stay focused and achieve your goals, subscribe to The Morning Nudge at http://www.morningnudge.com.

Subscribe to Build Your Business Write, a FREE twice a week newsletter with tips to help you write your way to business success at http://www.buildyourbusinesswrite.com.

Comments

Donna McDine said…
Terrific tip from Suzanne. The CWCC is wonderful.

Regards,
Donna