I just heard from Andrea Sisco at Armchair Interviews that they have a cool summer contest going on!
Here is the message by Andrea and Connie:
Announcing 2008 Contest: Summertime Blues For all you authors out there — or those who simply like to write --Tell us in fewer than 1,000 words (in any genre) a short story that takes place in summer. Our panel of judges will be looking for:
- Good storytelling
- Unique turn of words
- Use these words: summer, hotdogs, campfire, “Kumbiah” and blues.
- Well-written (grammar, word usage, etc.)
Winning story will receive $50 in prize money and the first and second runner-up will receive two books of our choosing. All three stories will be published on our site. AND you can list your winning honor on writing resume or book proposal.
- Submit to Connie@ArmchairInterviews.com as a Word doc (if Word not available, submit it inside an email)
- 1,000 words maximum
- Please underline the required words used (listed above)
- Your favorite genre
- On cover sheet, list genre, name, email address, mailing address
Deadline is September 30, 2008
Only one submission per person Winners will be notified after the judging decisions are made. Get writing, get creative--and don’t wait until September 29 to submit. And good luck!
Andrea and Connie