Mini interview with Katie Hines, author of GUARDIAN

My guest today is Katie Hines, author of the middle-grade novel, Guardian. I hope you'll enjoy the mini interview.

But first, here are some links on how you may find Katie online, as well as a little about her book!

Katie Hines
Children's Author
http://katiehines.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Katie-Hines/1442953493
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/katiehines

Coming soon in 2009 - "Guardian" a middle grade urban fantasy!

Imagine you have made a secret promise that can lead you to an incredible treasure and an ancient power. But in order to fulfill that promise, you must defeat an age-old sect determined to claim the treasure and power themselves.

Mini Interview:

You write because...

It's a challenge in an area where I feel I have some degree of skill. It also seems to satisfy some inner core need.

If you weren't a writer, you would be...

A person who's in charge in an area of business management.

If you were stranded on a desert island, you would take with you...

My laptop and my husband. He can take care of anything! Of course, the island has to
have wi fi!

Your three favorite foods are...

Chocolate, popcorn and fried chicken.

Your favorite authors are...

Tolkien, Rowling, L'Engle, Dahl and so on.

Something about you most people don't know is...

I used to write a short humor column for our local newspaper.

Thanks, Katie!

Comments

Vivian Zabel said…
Everyone is anxiously awaiting Katie's book, and it will be on the scene before too much longer. When it is released, it will be one awesome book.
Gayle said…
So nice to meet you. I love what you said about the desert island. I can identify! :-)
Mayra Calvani said…
Thanks for stopping by, Ladies!
Deborah Weed said…
WOW! Tolkien, Rowling, etc. are your favorite authors. They really create an alternative world that you never want to leave. I am sure Guardian is a winner! I look forward to hearing more.
Katie Hines said…
Thanks, Mayra, for hosting me, and thanks for the great comments. I am certainly excited about the upcoming publication of "Guardian."
Helena Harper said…
Katie, congratulations on the forthcoming publication of your book. Is 'Guardian' you first novel? It sounds like a very intriguing fantasy - is that your favourite genre?

Helena
http://www.helenaharper.com
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Yes, always take a handy husband along!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
Katie, you know I know you. But this interview included some nice personal things I didn't know. Congrats to both you and Mayra!

Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Tweeting writing tips at www.twitter.com/frugalbookpromo
Nancy Famolari said…
Have to agree, Katie, three cheers for chocolate, fried chicken and popcorn! Great interview!
Unknown said…
Cool, I'd love to see an excerpt from your humor column. Looking forward to "Guardian."
Karen Cioffi said…
Great post, Mayra. These questions let me see a little more of Katie.

Okay, my choices for a stranded island would be my laptop and chocolate...just kidding!

Karen
Harry Gilleland said…
Great Q & A. I enjoyed the read and agree about the choice of foods. With a Tab (diet soda) to drink. LOL

Cheers!

Harry
Tara McClendon said…
Yeah for hubbies who can do anything.
Dorothy Massey said…
Love the mini-interview formt. What a great introduction.
Dorothy Massey www.kidsbooksuk.blogspot.com
As way-back sci fi fan, I'm eagerly awaiting Katie's book.
Morgan Mandel said…
What about pizza? Gotta have pizza on Friday nights!

Great interview. I'd have to take my dog with too, besides the laptop and DH, maybe a printer too, the list keeps getting longer.

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com
http://choiceonepublishing.com