My books travel far!


Hi all,

I recently received an email from a writer friend telling me that the children's books (my books, The Magic Violin and Crash) I had sent her a couple of years ago are now being enjoyed by children in Angkor Wat, Cambodia! Imagine my surprise! I was so happy and touched to know that my books had traveled so far.

Since my friend's nieces and nephews grew older, she decided to donate the books to a floating school of Vietnamese children in Tonle Sap (Great Lake) during her trip to that part of the world last year.

It was emotionally for me to actually see the pictures of the teachers holding my books... which you can see now for yourselves. The young kids learn in Vietnamese but they also learn English a few hours a week, like the Cambodian children in general.

Pretty neat, huh?


As I mentioned before, I'm participating in a blog chain originating at the National Writing for Children Center, so be sure to visit the next blogger in the chain, Karen Cioffi.

Thanks!

Comments

That's very cool. We never know who our books will touch and writers definitely make a positive difference in the world.
This is great. Congratulations!
T. Forehand said…
Wow, that is very cool. I hope each of the members of the club will someday enjoy the same success. Congratulations, you should be very proud.
What a precious thing this is. And congratulations on sharing your books with the world. -Nancy
L. Diane Wolfe said…
That is so cool! And very generous of your friend as well.
Anonymous said…
Wow. I can't wait to hear kids in the USA are reading my books. lol
Cheryl said…
How neat! Thanks for sharing this Mayra. It's great to know that children in other countries will enjoy your books like our family has had a chance to.

Cheryl
Connie Arnold said…
That's wonderful, Mayra! What a great feeling it must be for you to know how far your talented writing is reaching others!
Karen Cioffi said…
Mayra, What wonderful news! The power of the pen is not only powerful, it's far reaching!

Karen Cioffi
Unknown said…
That's terrific. It proves that as writers we don't know all the lives we touch.
Dorit Sasson said…
What a wonderful and powerful thing to know that you've gone global, Mayra. Kathy's absolutely right. We don't know all the lives we touch but it's a miracle that we do.

Dorit
Fantastic! Does a heart good. When we have visiting missionaries to our church, if they have access to a children's ministry, I donate copies of Topsy Turvy Land. I'd love to have pictures as you do.